Sunday, September 4, 2011

Portion Size

Who says you can't eat a Smashburger with avocados and cheese? Or Smashfries (French fries with rosemary and olive oil)? I enjoyed the food slowly, ate what I needed and tossed the rest. Wasteful? Maybe, but I decided that it's better to train myself to let food go, then to keep this crazy idea that I have to finish what is on my plate, alive. That was a trick my parents used to make sure I was eating enough when I was younger and needed the calories. I am now a grown woman with a different activity level and metabolism, I can't just eat everything on my plate all the time because my parents are not feeding me anymore!  Eat slow, enjoy your craving and toss the rest. Get over this 'I have to eat it all' mentality and take a little more control over your eating habits.


No comments: